24 11 / 2010
Today, I just upgrade my iPhone to firmware version 4.2.1. It went well, but just about to install the new firmware, it returns error message 1013. Doing some googling on the net, found several suggestions.
Here’s how I do it to reset my iPhone 4:
On my Mac:
- Open Finder
- Hold down Command + Shift keys and press ‘G’
- Enter “/private/etc/” in the field and press “Go”
- Find “hosts” file in the folder
- Edit the file (i’m using TextMate)
- Remove the line that has “gs.apple.com” entirely (iether delete the whole line or adding # in front of the line)
- You need to enter your admin account to authenticate the new updated file
Hopes that help!